At Bridge and Patrixbourne CEP School, we recognise the contribution of PE to the health and well-being of the children in school. We believe that an innovative, varied PE curriculum and extra-curricular opportunities have a positive influence on the concentration, attitude and academic achievement of all our children.
Our Primary School Sport’s Funding will enable us to continue to give all children the chance to represent the school in competitions, extend our extensive afterschool provision through employing additional sports professionals, entering into more competitive sports competitions and training our staff to deliver excellent PE lessons.
Primary School’s Sports Funding
Click here for the Department of Education link to the Primary School’s Sports Funding page.
What is the Sports Premium?
The government is providing funding of £150 million per annum for the academic years 2013/14, 2014/15 and 2015/16 to provide new and substantial primary school sport funding. The funding is being jointly provided by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport, and will see money going directly to primary school headteachers to spend on improving the quality of sport and PE for all their children. Each school will receive £8,000 plus an extra £5 per pupil from Year 1 and above.
Recently the government have committed to funding the primary school Sports Premium up until 2020 - an investment worth £750 million.
Purpose of the funding
Schools will have to spend the sport funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, but they will have the freedom to choose how they do this.
Possible uses of the funding include:
- Hiring specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work alongside primary teachers when teaching PE
- New or additional Change4Life sport clubs
- Paying for professional development opportunities in PE/sport
- Providing cover to release primary teachers for professional development in PE/sport
- Running sport competitions, or increasing participation in the school games
- Buying quality assured professional development modules or material for PE/sport
- Providing places for pupils on after school sport clubs and residential visits
Bridge and Patrixbourne CEP School’s allocation for the year 2016-2017 is anticipated to be £9500. Further information about how we are using our PE and Sportd Premium can be found below.
Please click here to see how the funding had been used at Bridge and Patrixbourne CEP School and what impact it has had in 2017 - 2018