Our Governing Body
The governors are a group of individuals made up of parents, staff, members of the community and the Local Authority.
Proportions of governors are of at least one quarter of parents, two members of staff including the headteacher. In addition, the Governing Body comprises of co-opted governors and local authority governors. Governors serve for four years, and will have a variety of responsibilities during this time.
Governors are volunteers from all walks of life. An effective governing body will have people from different backgrounds with mixed skills. Governors are not education experts - they are there to bring a fresh perspective.
The role of the governing body is a strategic one. Its key functions are to:
- Set aims and objectives for the school.
- Set the policies for achieving those aims and objectives.
- Set targets for achieving those aims and objectives.
- Monitor and evaluate the progress the school is making towards achievement of its aims and objectives.
- Be a source of challenge and support to the headteacher.
Full Governing Body
The current members are:
- Matthew Jones - Chair of Governors
- James Tibbles - Headteacher
- Pam Clubb - Co-opted Governor
- Graham Duplock - Foundation Governor
- Catherine Hellman - Local Authority Governor
- Peter Hellman - Associate Member
- Robbie Higgins - Associate Member
- Estella Last - Ex-officio, Vicar
- Julia Perfect - Staff Governor
- Jill Thomas - Foundation Governor
All governors may be contacted through the Clerk to Governors, Jonathan Cane via the School Office (01227 830276)