All our school meals are provided in-house and cooked freshly on the premises, using the best quality produce from local suppliers.
The cost is £2.40 per day and meals should be booked through ParentMail, ideally on the Sunday preceding the week. If you have any difficulties with this, then please contact the school office.
A 'How To' guide can be found below along with the current menus.
Free School Meals
Universal Free School Meals
Children in years R to 2 are eligible for free school meals under the Government's Universal Free School Meal initiative. If you receive certain benefits, the school can also get some additional money to support the children's learning if you register here.
Are my children eligible for Free School Meals in Key Stage 2?
Your child might be able to get free school meals if you get any of the following:
- Universal Credit - if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit.
You can apply for your child's free school meals online here. Your eligibility will be checked and your application processed straight away. If your application is successful the school will be notified by email immediately and your child should start receiving their free school meal within 24 hours.
Packed lunches should be brought in a clearly named, suitable container. Lunch boxes are stored in class chests until required. Food not eaten at mealtime should be packed away and taken home.
We are a Healthy School and we encourage our children to eat healthily. If you are stuck for ideas for lunch boxes or would like more information about healthy foods click on the links below:
Special Diets and Allergies
We recognise that some pupils may require special diets that do not allow for the standards to be met exactly. In discussion with the parents we can devise a school menu that caters for them although parents may wish to provide their own packed lunch. In this case parents are urged to be responsible in ensuring that packed lunches are as healthy as possible. We also have pupils with allergies and intolerances, for these reasons pupils are also not permitted to swap food items.