Like any school, parking is at a premium in the village and we would encourage all parents, where ever possible, to support us in considering how to travel to school in the mornings and the afternoons. Children living in the village are encouraged to walk, cycle or scoot to school.
Parents driving to school are asked to park responsibly and respectfully in the village and to not drive down School Road. There are also yellow zig-zag lines on Conyngham Lane and we would remind parents that stopping on these lines is illegal.
We do have a few parking spaces available but these are allocated to parents of children with a physical disability and we ask parents to keep these free.
Reducing Car Journeys
By reducing the number of children being driven to and from school we can:
- reduce the number of car journeys to school
- establish positive active journeys to school
- improve both mental and physical health through physical activity
- promote independence and improve safety awareness
- reduce the environmental impact of the journey to school.
Our school Travel Plan has the following objectives:
- Reduce dangerous and illegal parking outside and surrounding the school site by promoting responsible parking;
- Re-establish the Walking Bus to encourage a greater number of children in walking to school;
- Reduce the number of cars travelling into the vicinity of the school by establishing Park & Stride from Bridge Tennis Club;
- Encourage older children to cycle to school.
Using Public Transport
Stagecoach buses 16, 17 and 89 also serve the village and you can find bus timetables on the Stagecoach website.